Prince Charles is reportedly ‘looking forward’ to seeing his son again, more than a year after he moved to the US with wife Meghan.
An insider is said to have claimed the next in line to the throne will be ‘very happy’ to see Prince Harry again.
The Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral at St George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle on Saturday will be a family affair attended by close relatives.
Because of Covid the guests will be limited to just 30.
The Queen will lead respects to the man Prince Charles dubbed his “dear Papa” who died on Friday at the age of 99.
Prince Harry, who moved to the US with wife Meghan Markle, has arrived back in the UK for his granddad’s funeral.
The Sun reports that his dad Prince Charles was said to be ‘looking forward’ to the reunion with the Duke of Sussex.
A source reportedly said: “I’m sure Charles will be very happy to see him. It’s been more than a year now.”
Earlier, experts were reported to have said the funeral could be a chance to repair any damage caused by the explosive interview Prince Harry and Meghan gave to Oprah last month.
Royal biographer Penny Junor said the sombre event could bring the family together.
Ms Junor told MailOnline: “My hope is that if something good can come out of the Duke’s death it will be that it brings the family together.
“But clearly there is a lot of hurt there on all sides, and I imagine they will all be feeling apprehensive about seeing one another again.
“With luck, their desire to support the Queen and pull together for her sake, which I am sure is what the Duke would have wanted, will win the day.”
And Sir John Major also called on the family to patching things up.
“The friction that we are told has arisen is a friction better ended as speedily as possible,” he told BBC1’s The Andrew Marr Show.
“And a shared emotion, a shared grief because of the death of their grandfather, I think is an ideal opportunity.
“I hope very much it is possible to mend any rift that may exist.”