Teen stabbed to death close to where his brother was killed four years ago


An 18-year-old was stabbed to death today, close to the scene where his brother died four years ago.

The teenager, Junior Jah, had lost his brother Ahmed to a fatal stabbing in Canning Town, East London, the victims’ cousin has confirmed.

Ahmed Jah was stabbed to death in 2017, just a few hundred metres away from where Junior, also known as Y.Grinna, was stabbed to death on Coolfin Road shortly before 2.45pm today.

Yvette Goodhew, an auntie from Stratford, told MyLondon : “He was a beautiful quiet boy. He had just turned 18.

“We didn’t see the family often but I remembered he was a good boy.”

Ahmed Jah was stabbed to death in Canning Town in 2017, while buying fruit juice from his local shop

Emergency services rushed to the scene and fought hard to save him but he sadly died there on the East London street.

So far no arrests have been made.

Police are also calling on anyone with information to come forward.

A spokesperson said: “Anyone with information that could assist the investigation at this early stage is asked to contact police on 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD 4050/26April. Alternatively, you can provide information anonymously via the independent charity Crimestoppers by calling 0800 555 111.”

Ahmed, also known as Grinna, was 21 when he died on April 3, 2017, after being attacked less than 50 yards from his family home in Canning Town.

Ahmed was on his way to buy a soft drink from the local shop when he was set upon by a gang of men who stabbed him in the chest.

He was eldest of four siblings.

His father Abubakarr Jah, a rail construction worker, told the Evening Standard at the time: “Young people need to put down their knives and stop the violence. It is destroying families and communities.”

He added: “He was a beautiful, kind boy. He wanted to do something with his life. Now we have lost him. He didn’t deserve for this to happen.”

An uncle said Ahmed’s father had “heard the sirens and saw the helicopter overhead and knew something was wrong,” but didn’t realise it was his son “until the detectives turned up at his door.”

Tributes have been paid to the brothers on social media this evening, and those who knew them have been gathering in the area where Junior was killed.

Source link


This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More