Woman, 25, ‘scarred for life’ by hotel radiator ‘so hot you could fry egg on it’

0


A 25-year-old woman claims she has been “scarred for life” by a hotel radiator so hot her skin got stuck to it.

Briony Anne was getting ready to check out of the Best Western Pastures Hotel in Mexborough, Doncaster, last Tuesday when she accidentally caught her back on the bathroom’s towel rail.

She said the rail was so hot you could “cook an egg” on it.

Briony, who has a designated coronavirus hotel pass for work purposes, told Examiner Live she believes she suffered second-degree burns in the accident.

She had been drying off after a shower and bent down to dry her feet when she made contact with the rail “for a split second” and was “instantly” burnt, she claims.

Briony, from Mexborough, said: “I bent down and pressed my back on the radiator by accident and it was a split second if that and it stung immediately, my skin stuck to it.

Do you have a story? Email webnews@mirror.co.uk



Briony believes her burns are second-degree and says she has complained to Best Western

“I was in a rush and didn’t mention it when I checked out but when I got home I looked at it and it had started weeping, so I went back to the hotel and they said there’s no manager available for a few days.”

Briony claimed the towel rail was so hot you could cook on it and believes it is far too hot for a hotel room where children could be staying.

“I know if I put an egg on that it’d cook and a steak would sizzle if it touched it,” Briony said. “It was beyond hot, it was scorching hot – it doesn’t need to be that hot to dry towels.

“If a child grabbed hold of that it would bubble all their skin up, it’s that hot it’s ridiculous.”

Briony says she is going to the doctor if it gets any worse and claims she has not been able to have a bath since because she is in agony.

She says she has tried to complain to the hotel but has been left disappointed with the response.

She said: “Today I rang them up and was able to speak to them but they’re just not interested to be honest.



Pastures Lodge Best Western Plus Hotel in Mexborough, South Yorkshire
She claims to have been burned in the bathroom at Pastures Lodge Best Western Plus Hotel in Mexborough, South Yorkshire

“She said she’s shown the maintenance man a picture of my back – I don’t know why the maintenance man needs to see that – and said he’s checked the towel rail and it meets the manufacturer’s specifications.

“I said the thing is, whether it meets them or not, that radiator has got to be going up to 200 degrees to burn my skin like that?

“It instantly burnt me, you can touch a radiator and hold your hand on it for a few seconds and it wouldn’t burn you like that.”

The Mirror has approached the Best Western group for comment.





Source link

Comments

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More